John McCain and Sarah Palin are telling so many lies about her record that it’s becoming hard to keep up with them. Palin’s compulsive lying about her past as even more pathological than W’s. Here is a handy list.
- Palin stopped the “bridge to nowhere.”
No, she didn’t pull the plug until Congress had already cut the funding.
- Palin was always against the “bridge to nowhere.”
Not exactly. She was for it before she was against it.
- Sarah Palin is a fiscal conservative.
A fiscal conservative does not rack up $20,000,000 in debt for a small town. Nor does she bill the state of Alaska for staying at her own house, eating her own food or for trips to her husband’s snowmobile races
- Sarah Palin opposed earmarks.
A mayor who opposes earmarks does not hire a lobbyist to obtain earmarks unless that mayor is a lying hypocrite.
- Palin sold the Governor’s jet on eBay and made a profit.
No, she listed it on eBay three times but ended up selling it through an aviation broker at a loss.
- Palin fired Governor’s mansion chef.
No. The chef, Stefani Marnon was reassigned to the Republican state legislature to cook for Palin’s cronies since as Governor, Palin prefers to work in Anchorage or Wasilla instead of travelling to Juneau.
- Sarah Palin won Miss Congeniality in the 1984 Miss Wasilla pageant.
Really??? Come on….
- Sarah Palin’s teleprompter failed at the RNC and she had to “wing it” during her acceptance speech.
“The teleprompter got messed up, I couldn’t follow it, and I just decided I’d just talk to the people in front of me, it was Ohio.” http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/09/palin-and-the-t.html OK, she gave an effective speech, but why do they have to lie about the teleprompter?
Is it because GOP voters just enjoy being lied to?